A Now His Watch Has Ended – Game of Thrones 5×10 Review

The most shocking moment for me wasn’t the Julius Caesar-esque ‘For the watch’ moment, it was the fact that after a season of ‘wtf’ and ‘meh’ I finally enjoyed an episode. Perhaps it was the very episodic nature of it, perhaps it is because a lot of action that we’ve been waiting for happened, perhaps it’s the numerous deaths, perhaps it’s the fact that we’re left on cliffhangers that not even I, as a book reader, know the outcome of.

GIF by gamesofthronesdaily.tumblr.com

**Spoilers below, obviously.

Continue reading


Mindy Kaling hits the nail on why representation is important


One of the most interesting things that happened at the Sundance Film Festival (at least in my opinion) was the Serious Women panel where New Yorker TV critic Emily Nussbaum spoke to comedic heavyweights Mindy Kaling, Lena Dunham, Jenji Kohan and Kristen Wiig about writing, sexism in the industry among other things.

Continue reading

Top 5: Epic TV Show Couples


With all the TV shows ending for the season (and some forever) I decided to return to this my lonely blog to profess my undying love for the epicness of TV show couples. What I enjoy about TV show couples compared to those in movies is that in movies we only see a snippet of their lives together but in TV shows you see it all in detail – what they were before they were together, how they got together, their problems, their fears, the break-ups and the make-ups, all in technicolor glory. For me, an epic couple is not just one that is together on the show but one where love defeats all, one that has been through hell and back but their love is what saves them (you get the just). They’re the couples that make your insides twist with emotion, making you smile with elation when they finally get together or when the one just looks at the other in a pleasing way…This list on some of the most epic TV couples of the last 30 years was compiled with the help of some people on Facebook:

Continue reading

Five Saddest TVD Deaths

We have had almost a month to sit and stew about the repercussions of the last episode and the loss of yet another favorite character. The Vampire Diaries writers have no qualms about killing off characters that have found their place in the hearts of the viewers. Here is our list of the most important and most heart-breaking deaths on the show. Deaths that have made us gasp, bawl, clutch onto the nearest surface for support, and sworn we would never get over.

Continue reading

Mystic Falls Survival Guide

Summer is coming up and many travelers are looking for a new and different place to spend their vacation. If you are looking to relocate or visit the picturesque small town of Mystic Falls in Virginia, you would be advised to heed my warnings. Although fairly quaint and average-looking, Mystic Falls has seen it’s fair share of casualties, disappearances and suspicious animal attacks, there is also the strange phenomenon that 95% of the the civilians are incredibly good-looking (sucks for the other 5%).

So if, against my better judgement, you still decide to take the journey down to ole Mystic Falls here are a few tips to make sure that you leave alive and unscathed.

Continue reading

Five Reasons You Should Watch The Carrie Diaries


One of the most-talked about pilots of the CW midseason schedule has been the Sex and the City prequel series “The Carrie Diaries.” Whereas purists of the original series have scoffed at the idea of Carrie Bradshaw living outside of the world of HBO and Mr. Big, the CW has given the heroine of the popular series, a makeover for a new generation. Here are five reasons to let this promising series fill the Gossip Girl-shaped hole in your heart.

Continue reading